Friday, July 6, 2012

Why Buy Friday: Cake

Why buy a boxed cake mix or a store bought cake when the following recipes are the best ever?

{ The BEST chocolate cake recipe courtesy of the Pioneer Woman.  I made this one for Ben & Dan's 2nd birthday.}



{ A simple white cake recipe from All Recipes.  This was for Andrew's birthday a few years back.}



{Look at this beautiful train cake (complete with a rock candy smoke stack) my sister made for the twins' 3rd birthday!}


{Check out these cupcake jars I made for my friend Laurie as bachelorette party favors.  I did use cake mix for these cupcakes but lots of love & time were put into these cute jars!  Here is the tutorial from my other blog!}


{Here is my Easter table setting where the BEST carrot cake made her debut this past Easter.  This recipe calls for baby food carrots & it is so moist (Does anybody really enjoy the word "moist"?) and delicious!}

Homemade is always better, especially when it comes to a birthday or a special occasion cake!  Let your friends & family know how much you really care by rolling up your sleeves and turning on that pretty Kitchen Aid mixer sitting in the corner.  No one will be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment