Friday, November 15, 2013

Crustless Quiche

This recipe is easy and versatile, as you can use any veggies and cheese you have on hand.  I tend to make this when my fridge is starting to look bare and I clean out my produce drawers and use up the rest of my eggs and cheese before I go food shopping again.

2 cups sauteed fresh vegetables (I usually use onions, garlic, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers in various combinations)
1 cup cheese
5 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
butter for greasing the pie pan

Start by chopping and sauteeing your veggies until soft.  You can season them with salt, pepper and anything else you like while they cook.  Spread into a greased pie pan.



Pictured here is fresh cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic & fresh spinach


Then top with any kind of shredded cheese you like.  Mix together the eggs and milk and pour on top of the vegetables and cheese.  

Bake at 375 for 40 to 50 min, or until the middle is set when you jiggle the pan.

















No comments:

Post a Comment