Thursday, June 28, 2012

Homemade Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer

We are obsessed with the yummy store-bought bottles of flavored creamers around here. 

One day, I looked at the ingredients and got pretty freaked out.  There are so many unrecognizable words going on there with the exception of one brand - Coffeemate Natural Bliss - but that bottle is way too small and only lasts a few days in our house.  Those little bottles aren't cheap!



I did some research and found some recipes here.  They looked delicious, easy and less expensive I figured,  if made in bigger batches & kept in jars in the fridge.

I experimented with non-dairy milk and used this one - Blue Diamond's Vanilla Almond Coconut Milk.



 I doubled the following two recipes:  Cinnamon Strudel and French Vanilla.  For the French Vanilla recipe, I used vanilla extract instead of a vanilla bean.

Once cooled, I poured them into mason jars which conveniently hold 4 cups of liquid and popped them in the fridge.



I made an iced coffee last night and it was delicious!

I have to tell you though, in my morning's hot coffee...the non-dairy version is much less creamy and sweet than the store bought.  You definitely need alot more and thus may need to reheat your coffee.  I am used to playing around with non-dairy beverages in baking, cooking and for drinking so this wasn't a surprise to me. 

SO...if you want the creamy, close to the real life version, MAKE WITH REAL CREAM & MILK as the recipe states!!!  I am going to make a batch with dairy tonight for hot coffee and keep the non-dairy for our iced coffee since you can be way more generous with cold creamer in a cold drink.

{FYI, every morning I pour the leftover coffee from the morning pot into a pitcher we keep in the fridge for our iced coffees.}

Enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment